Sunday, February 19, 2012

Jeremy Lin's Winning Streak, Is It Finally Over?

Wow! The last time I followed nor watched an NBA game was when Michael Jordan was still playing for the Washington Wizards. Last week, the NBA had a break-out superstar and he is neither black or white.


(Image Credit: NBA, Jeremy Lin, New York Knicks and New Orleans Hornets)

He is none other than Taiwanese-American Jeremy Lin and he led the New York Knicks to 7 consecutive victories before losing against New Orleans in a very close game. Is the Jeremy Lin magic over? Of course not.

In their game against New Orleans, New York trailed all the way. They were able to close the gap a few times but it wasn't enough to catch-up. In the last minutes of the fourth quarter, New York got a few breaks but New Orleans was able to hold on to the lead and win.


(New Orleans Hornets beat Jeremy Lin and the New York Knicks, 89-85)

The lost against New Orleans stopped Jeremy Lin's winning streak but getting 7 wins in a row is already a big accomplishment. Besides, losing a game is nothing to worry about. As long as they are getting more wins than loses then losing one or two games is fine.

I'm not really rooting for any NBA team but I'm very much interested with the New York Knicks and Jeremy Lin right now. I guess I'm just curious to know how far this team can ride on Jeremy Lin's success and how long can Jeremy Lin handle it.

Superstars carry huge burdens. Once you are tagged with it, people will start expecting a lot of things from you and some athletes can't handle it. Those who overcame it became more than just Superstars, they became Legends.

Anyway, Jeremy Lin's winning streak is over and, hopefully, it doesn't turn into a losing streak because it will suck big time if that happens.

Update: Jeremy Lin and the New York Knicks just defeated the defending champion, Dallas Mavericks, 104-97 at Madison Square Garde putting the Knicks back in the winning track.

15 comments:

  1. Just got curious too because of Mayweather tweet and Pacquiao wants to meet him

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Asian on the spotlight along side Manny Pacquiao in the sports international scene.

    Thanks Romelo for dropping a comment in my Whitney Post. I'm returning the love here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering what all the Linsanity fever was about. You write well. *)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it's over. Bata pa siya. Although he needs to kick it up a notch kasi nababasa na nila yung laro niya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our names sound a like "Germeline" the reason also why I started watching NBAs. But i guess it's not over yet coz he just started. he just needs more practice then. plus the fact melo is back, the all time ball-hogger who co-incidently was not part of the team while lin led them to straight 7 wins. now that's not co-incidental huh...:-)

    ~Germz

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's Lintastic! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think even with a loss, the Lin fever is going to stay. I don't follow nor watch the NBA but even I have heard of him everyday in the news and from people talking about him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a huge fan of basketball so it took me a while of research before I figured out who this guy was. Seems like he's a great athlete!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ang hirap niyan. taas na expectation ng madla kay pareng Jeremy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lin has lots of fans in the NBA world ,no wonder he is a good player ,cute and young.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you know what! i was supposed to watch the Knicks played last Jan. 20 (Friday) as part of my bday gift to my boyfriend. but that Sat. he has to bring me to Hershey's Chocolate World and there is a snow storm warning and he didn't want to drive in the snow. so with the goodness of his heart, he decided to miss the game so we could drive Friday to Hershey Pennsylvania! then when i got back in Phils. Jeremy Lin is a legend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think JLin is definitely the new MJ of this generation. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband was raving about him the other day. Now, I know why. Funny but I never cared to listen to him why he's so into Jeremy. I am going to tell him that now I understand why he went all-Jeremy.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sana marami pang asian ang makapasok sa NBA para mawala na ang culture barrier...

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...