Saturday, February 18, 2012

All Sites Down, SpeedySparrow

As of this writing, all my regular blogs are down. My hosting provider, SpeedySparrow, is currently doing some work on the server that has all my blogs and all I can do right now is wait for them to finish. Hopefully, whatever they are doing will make the server more stable.



According to Uptime Robot, the downtime started yesterday, February 17, 2012, at around 12:00 AM. It's already 10: 30 PM of February 18, 2012. So, counting from the time the server went down up to now, all my blogs have been down for more than 20 hours already.

SpeedySparrow has been experiencing server problems since last year. As you can see, they are still having server problems this year. I wish I could explain what they are experiencing better but I'm not really knowledgeable in server technology.

I'm just a simple blog owner and, right now, all I want is to get all my blogs back up and running. Everyday they are down is making me lose potential income from various sources including Adsense. If I don't make anything then I won't have any money to pay my web hosting with them and I don't want that to happen.

Don't get me wrong, the people behind SpeedySparrow are nice people and I know they mean well. It's just that, their server is having too much issues and these issues are hurting their customers and it's hurting them as well.

I also know that they are doing their very best to fix these issues but they should really look into a more lasting solution like maybe moving all their customers to a new server rather than trying to salvage an already problematic one.

Anyway, I do hope they can permanently fix whatever it is that is causing their server problems and I also hope that they can fix it soon.

Update: Now we have a member from a different server gloating about our misfortune with our server. I know it's a joke but the timing is way off.

8 comments:

  1. ui, kaya pala di ko nakikita ang In2ndLife. ayos lang yan, siguro mas pinagaganda nila ang service na maibibigay nila n_n *pasitib tingker

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is one of the most dreaded moment in every bloggers life. I remember before when my brownpinay.com blog is still with blogger, biglang nawala...haisttt memories since 2006 ang nawala...kaya the moment that na recall ko nag WP na me...

    Yun nga lang Pag WP dapat reliable ang hosting at customer service ng host. To answer all your queries and bear with the impatience of the client specially in times like this.

    Keep on blogging and inspiring others.

    Been here from FBW FB group

    ReplyDelete
  3. i bet i need this now already. my blog is about nursing and just recently during the release of NLE result, my blog was down due to the traffic coming in and fro. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it's time you need to look for a new hosting provider... :) When you pay the right amount and you don't get the quality service that you are suppose to be getting, SAY GOODBYE and SAY HELLO to a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sucks. nakakagigil yan. I had a similar experience last year when Photobucket had their maintenance. Some of my blog photos are hosted by them...Tinira ko sila ng tinira sa Tweeter.. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm. No say about it. I know I blog about my experience so I don't have to worry about things like that. Good luck sa iyo Romelo.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...