Saturday, February 25, 2012

Gaming Is A Waste Of Time And Money

I mostly blog about online games or MMOs or MMORPGs like Star Trek Online, Champions Online, DC Universe Online, Dragon Nest and others. Obviously, if I'm going to blog about online games then I'll need to play them and, at least, become familiar with them.

Gaming Is A Waste Of Time And Money

Unlike most bloggers who can blog about virtually anything, I can only blog or write about things that interests me and one of these things is playing online games. Don't get me wrong, as a gamer, I'm not addicted to any one game. I do have my favorites but I don't spend 16 hours a day playing them.

Well, there was a time when I would spend an entire day playing Ragnarok Online or Khan Online or even Cabal Online but that time was long gone. I am now more of a casual gamer who only spends a few minutes playing and more time blogging about the different games I play.

Recently, I joined a few Facebook groups about Bloggers and some of these groups have an activity called Comment Exchange. I enjoying participating in this activity because I get to visit and comment on other blogs and other bloggers do the same with my blogs.

On my online gaming blogs, I've received a few comments saying things like playing online games is just a waste of time or it's just a waste of money. Of course, that is their opinion and I respect them for that but, is playing online games really just a waste of time and money?

I guess it depends on how you look at it. For example, I'm making a little money from my blogs about online games like Free Play MMO and Kabalyero. In fact, I had two gaming blogs before that made me $1,000 USD and $4,000 USD in just one day.

So, if I'm going to base it on my experience then gaming or playing online games is definitely not a waste of time and it can be a great source of money too. You'll just have to use what you learned from the games you play and turn it into a possible source of income.

For example, some expert gamers write Strategy Guides for their favorite online games or MMOs like Guild Wars, World of Warcraft, Star Wars: The Old Republic, etc. They make some money by selling them to other players.

In my case, I can only blog about them. I'm not good enough to write a Strategy Guide about a particular game and sell it to others. That sort of thing takes years of expertise.

Anyway, the next time you play a game or an online game or even a game in Facebook. Think of it as an opportunity and, who knows, you might just find something that could potentially become a source of extra income for you.

16 comments:

  1. Naku ang trabaho pala maging game blogger. Hehe. Pero enjoy naman yan kasi naglalaro ka lang. Hehe though dapat familiar ka sa laro or else wala ka mabablog hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just by the title itself, it is indeed a waste of money pwera na lang may ari ka pero magastos pa din sa kuryente yun :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aws.. kudos to u as a game blogger. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. its not for me.. kasi enjoy ako whenever i play..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, kala ko yung mga gamers laro lang laro before. I didn't know that you coud actually make money out of it through blogging. Galing! Yayaman ka dyan!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, that's a huge amount of money. Are you still earning that amount? Perhaps you can teach us as well. Men and boys.lol...pass through that stage. In fact, I have male friends who are still playing even now that they're professionals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Depende yan. I used to be addicted on online gaming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jena, it was only a one time deal for those two blogs. I don't own them anymore though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Herbert, you didn't read the post but it's a good try though, thanks for commenting... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow ang laki ng kita mo $4,000 in one day?

    ReplyDelete
  11. @LEVY, as stated, it only happened once and I don't own the blogs anymore... but, they were gaming blogs... reading between the lines, you'll know what I did to get those amounts... I'm trying it with my other blogs but have not succeeded yet... needs to work more on them, I guess

    ReplyDelete
  12. It depends kasi on who's looking into it. People say its a waste of time and money, but at the end of the day, as long as you enjoyed playing, its all that matters.

    Bigla ko tuloy namiss yung mga araw na 1 week akong nagraragnarok non-stop. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. @markpogi Grabe yan Ragnarok na yan. Pati ako nalulong diyan tapos may extra PC pa ako na ginawa kong Private Server, PinoyRO. Pandegawa din ako ng mga items tulad ng Mulawin Helm at Darna Helm. Ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know people who are gamers and they consider it as their job. Cant blame them though because they're earning too.

    http://chelinumerable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. sometimes... lang hehe pangpawala lang na pagod hehe http://paddysrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always wanted to try game blogging, but I'm quite biased kasi when it comes to some types of games. I don't think I can ever be successful at it too since I tend to get addicted to certain titles which will definitely leave me becoming unproductive. I remember playing over 12 hours straight every day just to level up in Ragnarok Online. The Final Fantasy series and Dragon Age also got me so hooked that I always aim to finish the games in just 2-3 days.. XD Right now, I'm just starting Skyrim, and hopefully I won't get too addicted.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...