Saturday, December 8, 2012

I'm Thinking Of Buying A New Android Phone

Currently, I'm using my ZTE Lite V9 android tablet to send and receive both text messages and phone calls. I have no problems using it at home but using it outside is kinda awkward because of its size. It's only 7 inches but it's still too big to be carried around like a phone.

ZTE Light V9
I need a phone that I can easily carry wherever I go but, I don't want just any ordinary phone, what I want is an Android Phone. Unfortunately, Android Phones from popular brands like Samsung, Nokia, Motorola, etc. are extremely expensive and I can't afford any of them.

Samsung Galaxy Pocket

The cheapest branded Android Phone that I know is Samsung's Galaxy Pocket with a price of 4,889 PHP in Lazada.com.ph. It runs on Android 2.3 with a processor speed of 832 MHz. It's full features are:
  • Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread)
  • 2.0 Megapixel
  • Stereo FM Radio with RDS
  • TFT Capacitive Touchscreen
  • TOUCHWiZ User Interface (up to 7 pages- widget desktop
  • 832 MHz ARM 11
  • Virtual Qwerty Keyboard
  • Adobe Flash Player
  • Geo-Tagging
  • Multi-touch
  • Multi-tasking
  • Voice Search™
  • Music Player
  • Sound Recorder
  • Polaris Viewer
My problem with this phone is the price. For 4,889 PHP, I could get something with better features from Cherry Mobile or MyPhone. Phones or items from these two brands are simply rebranded China Phones but they're extremely cheaper.

In fact, I'm kinda interested in two Android Phones. One from Cherry Mobile and one from MyPhone.

For Cherry Mobile, I'm interested in Cherry Mobile Flare. It runs on a 1.2 GHz dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and it's operating system is Android 4.0. It's full features are:

Cherry Mobile Flare
  • Chipset: 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Dual Core
  • Camera: 5 MP (Main), VGA (Front)
  • SIM Slot: Dual SIM
  • Screen Type: IPS Capacitive
  • Screen Size: 4.0 Inches
  • Navigation Key: Touchscreen
  • Dimensions: 123 mm x 62.5 mm x 11.8 mm
  • ROM: 4GB
  • RAM: 512MB
  • Slot: Up to 32GB microSD
  • 3G/HSDPA Connectivity
  • Data Connectivity: Bluetooth, microUSB, GPRS, EDGE, Wi-Fi, GPS
  • Messaging: SMS, MMS, E-mail, Instant Messaging
  • Platform/OS: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
  • Battery: Lithium Ion 1500 mAH
  • Color: Black
If I choose to buy this Android Phone then it will only cost me 3,999 PHP but, from what I've read around the internet, this particular Android Phone is currently unavailable or out of stock.

The other phone that I'm interested is MyPhone's A848 Duo. It's operating system is also an Android 4 and, if I'm not mistaken, it also runs on a dual core processor (I could be wrong, though). Here is A848 Duo's full features:
  • Dual SIM Touch Android Phone
  • GSM/EDGE Triband
  • 4" 800x480 pixels IPS WVGA
  • Android 4.0.4
  • WIFI
  • 5.0 MP rear camera
  • VGA front camera
  • LED flash
  • MP3/MP4 player/Stereo FM Radio
  • Bluetooth/USB/3.5mm jack
  • Expandable memory up to 32GB
A MyPhone A848 Duo will cost me 4,590 PHP and, based on the price, it's still much cheaper than a Samsung Galaxy Pocket. It also has better features than a Samsung Galaxy Pocket (for the price, of course).

The question now is, which of the last two Android Phones should I buy? Honestly, I'm leaning towards Cherry Mobile Flare because of its price. It's the cheapest of the three and it's loaded with features but if it's no longer available anywhere then I might get a MyPhone A848 Duo instead.

How about you? Which Android Phone do you like better between Cherry Mobile Flare and MyPhone A848 Duo?

9 comments:

  1. Hmm.. I go for the brand name which is Samsung. I have a galaxy pocket now which my husband bought there and brought here in Germany as pasalubong. I have nothing against Cherry and MyPhone but I guess I'm more of the quality. I don't know... maybe it also depends on your needs that's why you opt to have those features which pocket don't have and of course still budget-friendly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife wants me to get Samsung Galaxy Pocket as well. Anyway, I'll make my decision after I get my money. :D

      Delete
  2. I Have All Three Of Those And I'll Tell You The Pros And Cons...
    First Of All... You Said You Want A phone For Outside Use... Am I Right? Well If Thats The Case... Don't Get the Cherry Mobile Flare... Because It's Battery Life is Sooooo Short... 4-7 hours... Depending On Usage... All You Have Left is Myphone And Samsung... The Pocket is Small, A Bit Slow, And Not For Gaming, But It's Battery Life Is Very Long... 2 days no charging... The a848 duo, can handle HD Games... Has 2 Sim... Good Battery Life 12-17 hours depending on your Usage... I Don't Really Have Something Bad To Say About The myphone Though... It's Been... If You Have Extra money though... I'd Recomend A Google Nexus... Absolute Perfect Android Phone... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Know That Feel Bro...
    I Suggest Not Getting the Flare... Cuz Judging by your Blog... You're Gonna Use it Outside... And The Flare Has A Really Short Battery Life... Making it a Big NO For Use Outside... But It Can Handle All Games In the Market...
    The Pocket... Is Good For Outside... Long Battery Life... Compact... But A Bit Slow And Non Gaming...
    The A848 Duo... Excellent For Everyday Use... 2 sims, No More Switching... And You Are Correct... It Has A 2 core 1ghz processor... Some Good Back And Front Camera... It Can Handle Some HD games Also... So...
    I'd Choose the Myphone If I Were in your Situation...
    oh And Also... I Have All Three of Those Phones... And A Few Others...
    If You Have Like 8,000 Php...
    You Could Go Get A Sony Xperia U... :)
    but That's If You Have Money... :D
    Choose Wisely... And Goodluck...

    ReplyDelete
  4. good day i just bought myphone a848 duo yesterday. the dual core a848 you mean is the a848i. in looks and appearance they are identically the same. the only difference between phones is their processors and 3g support including the price too. my a848 has a single core processor and no 3g support (but no big deal for me specially here in the Philippines i/we prefer using wifi than using/wasting our loads for 3g) while the a848i has dual core processor and has 3g support.

    myphone a848 - 4,590 php
    myphone a849 - 5,990 php

    i test the phone which is the a848 with some heavy hd games like modern combat 3 and maxpayne mobile they all run smoothly with no lags.=D
    hope this could help...

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO CHERRY MOBILE, ever.... :D
    They're only innovative in a sense, but not in quality as always.
    MyPhone on the other hand has a better quality, much less disposable than Cherry. I had recently bought A848, and I'm liking it now than my almost 1yr Galaxy Pocket. My only problem with local phones are the accessories, they don't have exact, but only similar ones.
    .
    I'll go for MyPhone here. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi author,

    Did you already had your myphone a848?

    I'm planning to buy an a848, but I've read in a forum that it could not play HD videos with large file size. How true is this?

    Also, a848 is 2 - point touch unlike the a848i which is 5 point multitouch...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I kinda went with Cherry Mobile Flare and it's still working... ^_^

      Delete
  7. I have a Samsung Galaxy Pocket now. I'm not satisfied with its 3D gaming. I want to buy My phone a848 that my cousin showed me a while ago. Its good. I like it better than Samsung Pocket. You can play any kinds of games you want eg. Temple run. You can't play temple run in Galaxy pocket. Also it is Dual sim. Its good for business. :))

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...