Friday, October 5, 2012

Up And Down With SpeedySparrow.com

Currently, all my blogs are hosted by SpeedySparrow.com and, as of this writing, all of them are down. If I'm not mistaken, SpeedySparrow.com is now way off their 99.9 % Uptime Guarantee because the service has been down so many times and in so many hours this year.

Downtime Again

I transferred to SpeedySparrow.com last year because one of my blogs suddenly got a lot of traffic and, because of that sudden increase in traffic, BlueHost heavily throttled it. This made the blog and all my other blogs in the account very, very slow. Afraid that BlueHost might suspend my account (which BlueHost is known for), I immediately asked for a good and inexpensive host in WebHostingTalk.com.

One of those that responded was Sean of SpeedySparrow.com. I asked him a lot of questions and he answered and explained them all. He was very accomodating and, even though I've tried CrocWeb and HawkHost first, I decided to go with Sean's SpeedySparrow.com instead.

Unfortunately, the first month turned out badly because SpeedySparrow.com's servers went down hard. It took them days before they could restore everything back to normal. As if cursed by some evil voodoo magic, SpeedySparrow.com's servers would constantly experienced some kind of server problems since then.

Server not found

I stayed with SpeedySparrow.com because Sean was a really nice person and the support team was always available to respond to any questions or problems. Another reason why I stayed was because I don't have enough money to move to a new hosting provider.

I don't regret staying with SpeedySparrow.com but I'm now contemplating of moving to a new host as soon as I have enough money in my PayPal account. As much as I want to stay but this recurring down time and server problems are really hurting my blog's search engine ranking and traffic.

When I left BlueHost one of my blogs was getting 2,000 to 3,000 unique visits per day. After the transfer to SpeedySparrow.com, that number slowly dropped and now it's hanging on 300 unique visits. I'm not sure if the drop is related to the regular downtime but I do know that constant downtime can affect a blog's search engine ranking specially in Google.

Anyway, I'll be staying with SpeedySparrow.com until I get enough money to transfer to a new and more reliable host with stable servers. I'm thinking of moving to CrocWeb but it's not yet final. If you have a suggestion then please share it by posting it as a comment below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...