Friday, January 18, 2013

WebJunkiesBlog Copied My Content

I know I'm not the best writer in the world and I do make a lot of grammar and spelling mistakes but, at least, I try to write my own content.

Today, some text of my content that I wrote for my blog Kabalyero.Info appeared on a blog I do not own. The name of the blog is WebJunkiesBlog and it's currently the number 2 blog under gaming in TopBlogs.ph.

Specifically, my content or text appeared on a post titled How To Bypass Ragnarok Online 2 SEA Country (IP Adress) Block in WebJunkiesBlog. The entire blog post was based on three blog posts that I made in my Kabalyero.Info blog.

I don't mind if people write blog posts based on what I wrote in my blogs but I do mind if they copy what I wrote word-for-word and that's what the author of WebJunkiesBlog did. He copied some parts (if not all) of my blog posts word-for-word.

For example, in this screenshot, WebJunkiesBlog copied the text from my post about using PrivateTunnel in Kabalyero.Info.

WebJunkiesBlog Stole Content

Here is a screenshot of my post in Kabalyero.Info.

Original text as posted on Kabalyero.Info

In this next screenshot, WebJunkiesBlog copied the text in my post about using WTFast in Kabalyero.Info. In fact, he copied more than just one sentence. He just removed some of the sentences that were in first person.

WebJunkiesBlog Content Thief

Here is a screenshot of my content as posted in Kabalyero.Info.


WebJunkiesBlog even used my YouTube videos but I don't have a problem with that. People can share my YouTube videos as much as they like. What I don't like is people copying my written content word-for-word.

Here is a screenshot of my YouTube videos in WebJunkiesBlog.


WebJunkiesBlog is getting thousands of views per day but the author of the blog is doing it by copying other blogger's or people's content. Google should really penalize blogs like WebJunkiesBlog because it's a Scraper. It's scraping content from other blogs and using it as its own.

You know what's funny about it? WebJunkiesBlog even has that DMCA Copyright Protected Logo in its sidebar. The author of WebJunkiesBlog is warning readers about Copyright Protection but he doesn't respect the Copyright of others. WTF!

Here are some more screenshots with side-by-side comparison.



It's also good to note that the author of WebJunkiesBlog wrote his post on January 16, 2013 while I wrote my post in Kabalyero.Info on January 4, 7 and 9, 2013. See the side-by-side screenshot below.


I really don't know what to do about this or where to report this problem. Unfortunately, all I can do is write a blog post about it and hope that something is done so that blogs like WebJunkiesBlog (and it's author named Leynard Ondar) are penalized for scraping and copying other blogger's or people's content.

22 comments:

  1. Whoa. That's a living proof that someone idolizes your content. I thought Google has already been policing these duplicate content sites. By Google's standards, these should be penalized with lower ranks. Perhaps the site owner has placed this in a forum where thousands of people get referred links so it does not need to get organic searches for the view counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there are some site that just gets contents from various sources and package them as their own. It's really a pity what people do to gain stats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww.. It's sad that a high-traffic blog is copying content from another blog >.< It may follow that he's attained the status by scraping content off other websites and blogs. Anyway, from what I know Google penalizes sites with duplicate content. However, WebJunkiesBlog may be able to get away with it since he has revised some of your paragraphs, deconstructing them and putting some sort of fillers in.

    Anyway, have you tried contacting the owner of WebJunkiesBlog? Maybe he'll hear you out and hopefully take down the post or give credit to where credit's due.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some follower there! But it's sad to know that there are really those who copy blogpost, I think there are even those who really copy the whole content and don't even give credits from the original.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sinotto!! ooopsss... i read this at FBW page, i just didn't comment. :) i can somehow relate. those copycats who cannot even write their own piece and pose as if they thought of the whole thing without giving the writer the credit. those who visit your blog and post some into their walls hihihihi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i read this on FBW, you need to report it to google! he/she can copy the content but acknowledge the sources and especially to author of the content...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Copying should not be tolerated. This is disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's one big WTF if you ask me, have you sent him an email about his habit of copying your content? If you want, I could have some of my hacker friends deface his website (grins).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a victim of plagiarism. This is really sad. You have to let them know what they are doing. Tsk. They have to delete it or atleast give credit to you and your blogsite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you conatacted na ba the site owner. If so, asked him/her to remove the said post or else mag-file ka ng complaint sa Adsense.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just do the right thing like saying such to the person to make everything clear and not get the whole issue gets bigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's a bummer! People should do something to this kind of things… Mga pinaghirapan ntin iba nkikinabang people like him should learn a lesson big time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's really annoying when someone stole something on you.. I guess that blogger was really one of your fan.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's awful!! I wish he could have just at least mentioned the original author.. so selfish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shame on them.
    Well, we can look at the other side. Other bloggers think that you are an expert on your field. Maybe that is the reason why they copy your content.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh, he copied part of your post. It is a pity that these top notch blogs don't do original post .They ranks for copy pasting another site.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am sorry for what happened, anyway those who do not do good to others will not benefit in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This happened to me too. I tried contacting the copycat and asked her to delete the post. She said she would but you know what? The post is still there. No wonder why she has no pagerank. booo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This happened to me too! I tried contacting the copycat and asked her to remove the post. She said she would but you know what? The post is still there! No wonder why she has no pagerank. booo!

    I also tried putting a script to disable right click, but I guess it won't be of any use if they really want to copy your content.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a shame! One should really be careful nowadays, you just don't know your content all over the internet, but in another website! not cool

    ReplyDelete
  21. The author of WebJunkies should have spun the article. Even just a little bit. Or I would agree to what Justin says, they should have mentioned the author on the post. It would be the greatest thing that they could have done on the said post

    ReplyDelete
  22. many get away from this copying because the law is lenient .or is there a law being implemented ... such a shame that the author benefited from the works of other ... grrr

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...