Monday, June 17, 2013

My Glad To Be Globe Story, Globe Tattoo DSL

Slow Internet Connection Speed

Many months ago, my internet connection speed suddenly became extremely slow. It was so freaking slow that it can't even open or load my GMail account. I checked my internet connection speed at SpeedTest.net and it was crawling like a turtle.

Me and My Globe Tattoo DSL WiFi Router
(Me and My Globe Tattoo DSL WiFi Router)

I contacted my ISP's Customer Care Hotline and talked to a Customer Service Representative or CSR. I explained my problem and the CSR gave a series of instructions that I performed on my computer. These instructions involved unplugging my Canopy's adapter for 10 seconds and plugging it back in.

Unfortunately, the instructions given by the CSR didn't fix my slow internet connection. The CSR scheduled me for a visit by their Technicians but it would take their Technicians a week to arrive at my door because of their busy schedule.

No Work Means No Money

My current work involves downloading high-res images from my client's Dropbox, processing these images and uploading them back again. This cycle uses a lot of bandwidth and it requires a fast internet connection because, downloading high-res images will take many hours with a slow internet connection.

My Globe Tattoo DSL WiFi Router Boxed

Unfortunately, working with a slow internet connection was impossible because the client wanted the images back the same day and that was impossible. Just downloading the images was already using up a lot of time and I still had to work on them before I could upload them back.

Thank God For Globe

While waiting for my ISP's technicians to arrive. Outside our home, Globe technicians were installing new Globe Tattoo DSL lines. These new lines were for my neighbors. I asked one of the technicians about Globe Tattoo but, instead of answering, he asked me to wait while he went to get someone who could explain it better to me.

My Globe Tattoo DSL WiFi Router

A girl arrived and she explained to me Globe Tattoo's DSL Internet Service Plans. She kept on insisting that I sign-up that day because the technicians would install it immediately. It didn't take her much to convince me to sign-up because my ISP at that time was delivering an extremely poor service.

Signed Up For Globe Tattoo DSL 1Mbps

I signed-up and the Globe technicians immediately installed my Globe Tattoo 1Mbps DSL internet connection. It came with a free landline phone but I wasn't really interested with it. I just wanted to get a good internet connection so that I could continue working.

Thanks to my 1Mbps Globe Tattoo DSL connection. I was able to work without worrying about having a slow internet connection. I got to download my client's images quickly, work on them and upload the final images back the same day.

With Globe's fast DSL installation and good internet connection speed, I was able to complete my work on time and that's why I'm Glad To Be Globe.

Share your Glad To Be Globe stories by posting them below as comments.

1 comment:

  1. Are you still with Globe DSL? How's your connection now? I'm thinking of using either Globe or Mybro.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...