Friday, February 22, 2013

Michael Jordan Returns To The NBA At 50 Years Old

Wow! His Airness, Michael Jordan, returning to the NBA will definitely shock the entire world. What am I saying? Michael Jordan is already 50 years old. Can he still play basketball as a professional player? I have no freaking idea but I keep hearing about it. I've also read a lot of articles online about a possible Michael Jordan return.

(Image Credit: Fanpop.com)

Michael Jordan Made Me Watched The NBA

I do love basketball and I enjoy playing it but I was never a fan of the NBA. Michael Jordan changed that when I saw him take flight in his first Slam Dunk contest. Even though, Dominique won that Slam Dunk contest but Air Jordan made me a fan of Michael, the Chicago Bulls and the NBA.

Seriously, the only games that I watched in the NBA were Chicago Bulls games. When he retired the second time and came back wearing a Wizards jersey, I also went back and watched most (not all) of his games as a Wizard. After his third retirement, I rarely watched the NBA anymore.

Obviously, if Michael Jordan returns to play in the NBA again at his age of 50 then I'll definitely return with him and watch him again. I don't care which team he plays with as long as he is playing, even if he's just a bench warmer, I'll still watch all his games.

Will Michael Jordan Really Return To The NBA?

I have no idea if he's really going to return as an active professional basketball player in the NBA or not but he did say that he might return during his Hall Of Fame speech a few years ago. Now that he is 50, many news and sports sites are writing and speculating about a potential return of his Airness to active player status.

Of course, everything I am reading right now are only speculations and rumors. Michael Jordan hasn't said anything about it yet but he also hasn't denied or confirmed anything as well. All I know right now is the fact that he is training to reduce his weight down to 218 pounds.

According to various online sources, 218 pounds is his playing weight. Does it mean that he is really planning on playing again in the NBA? Of course not. Maybe he just wants to lose weight for health reasons or maybe he just wants to look good and look young for his girlfriend. It doesn't automatically means that he'll return to the NBA as an active player.

Should Michael Jordan Return To The NBA?

As a big fan of Michael Jordan, I want him to return and play again in the NBA. Call me selfish but Michael Jordan back in the NBA will definitely make the organization and the games interesting again. He doesn't need to play 42 minutes nor score 20 points per game. His presence alone is enough to revitalize the team he'll play for. In fact, some are saying that Michael Jordan is still better than half the players who are currently in the NBA today.

Obviously, some people will disagree with me. They'll say that Michael Jordan is already to old to play at a professional level. My question is, do they know Michael Jordan's body? Are they Michael Jordan? The truth is, only Michael Jordan, his trainers and his doctors have the real say on the matter. If Michael Jordan feels he can play and his trainers and doctors say he can then who are we to stop him?

The Greatest Of All Time

Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time and that will never change for me. Playing in the NBA again at 50 will never tarnish his legacy because it's already established. That was Michael Jordan in his prime. Expecting him to perform or play like he is 20 or 30 is ridiculous.

By the way, the Philippines Living Legend of Basketball, Robert Jaworski, was already 50 when he played his last game in March 1997. He is the oldest player to ever played in the PBA at 50 years old.

So, playing at 50 is possible and there is no doubt in my mind that Michael Jordan, The Greatest Of All Time, can still play the game.Will he make a return to the NBA? Unfortunately, only his Airness knows the answer to that question.

1 comment:

  1. I hope he doesn't return ever. I like him but his time is already passed.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...